Entry #10

Post #10
Date: 8/30/16
Activities: Final Reflection
Technical Information: Internet
Reflection: Looking back at everything I have experienced during this internship, I couldn't be more ecstatic. When I first learned that I needed to apply for an internship for the summer, I knew I wanted it to be something that could really help me in the future. I wanted to find a place that related to film in some shape or form. After weeks of looking online for one I came across North Carolina Theatre. Soon I got in contact with the Development Director, Melanie Doerner, and we set up an interview date. When the day finally came, boy was I nervous. I felt like I was alone in the real world and that it was time to show what I was capable of. The interview went extremely well and right then and there I was told that I was now an intern for NCT. At that moment I had no idea what amazing events and opportunities were in store for me. Being the only high school student in a group of college interns was pretty interesting. Hearing them talk about their issues that came along with transitioning into adulthood definitely made me feel some relief that I still have a year or two before I have to deal with that. It was nice because I felt like if there were any questions I had or things I needed help with I could always ask them. Within the first two weeks I started having more and more on my plate. I was presented with the opportunity to create a Grant Video for the Theatre. My supervisor was aware that film making is what I am interested in so she specifically gave me this task on purpose. It meant a lot to see that she was trusting me enough to pull this off successfully. In the end they were thrilled with what I had produced for them and it made me proud to know what I had created was going to be used to represent NCT as a whole. Throughout the whole internship there were two big summer shows I helped pull off, Mary Poppins and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I did all kind of things like creating invitationals, donor lists that would be placed on a stand during the show, and flyers. Also, I had to mail merge addresses and then place them on envelopes for every single person who donated to the play. All of these things taught me how to multi task better. On the nights of the shows I helped make sure food was out and placed neatly for the receptions. One memorable moment was when I had to walk downtown to pick up multiple pizzas for the reception. I walked down the street while followed by the sound of the clicks of my heels. As funny as it might seem, I felt like such an ambitious corporate working woman. You couldn't tell me anything. When I arrived at the pizza place they handed me a big delivery bag with the pizzas inside. It got kind of heavy on my way back to the Theatre so I tossed it over my shoulder to make it easier. Little did I know this was a big mistake because once I got to the reception area and took out the pizzas they were flipped around and messed up. At the moment it felt like the end of the world but now looking back at it it makes for a good story to tell. When the internship came to an ending I couldn't help but reflect on all that I had learn and how many amazing people I had met along the way. If it weren't for AOIT requiring me to get an internship I wouldn't of ever done this and learned all that I have. For that I am very thankful. I'd also like to thank my mom for driving me back and forth to NCT before I was able to drive myself. Last but surely not least I would like to thank everyone at NCT for taking me under their wing and showing me all they had to offer about showbiz. If there's one thing I take away from this it's that no matter what I put my mind to I can achieve and I can't wait to incorporate these experiences into my future career. Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #1

Entry #8

Entry #2